Reform of paid educational leave: What's new?
31 August 2023
On 1 September 2023, the reform of paid educational leave comes into force in the Brussels Capital Region.
Discover the many improvements to the system as from this academic year 2023-2024:
- More advantageous entitlement to paid educational leave for beneficiary workers (increase in the ceiling on training hours and allowances);
- Improved access to paid educational leave for digital training (online with contact hours, hybrid, blended learning);
- Simplified entitlement to paid educational leave for part-time workers;
- Many higher education courses will be automatically recognised, including practical exams;
- Access to paid educational leave for all social promotion and middle-class training, including practical exams;
- A more inclusive right to paid educational leave, especially for people with disabilities;
- An indexed hourly rate of €22,07 for the reimbursement of paid educational leave to employers.
👍Good to know: no existing entitlement is lost by this new version of paid educational leave. On the contrary, the system is more accessible then ever!
⚠️ As from 01/09 (until 31/12/2023 at the latest), employers and social secretariats can submit reimbursement claims relating to the 2022-2023 school year. Please note that the old regulations still apply to this. Only the indexation of the flat rate to € 22.07 is already applicable.Discover all the details (in French or Dutch)