Skip to main content

From 1 March, change in the regulation for researchers with a hosting agreement

Single permit application

Researcher - more than 180 days in Belgium with a hosting agreement

Researcher already in possession of a permit for a researcher with a hosting agreement in another EU country 

If the working period in Belgium is more than 180 days (in the case of successive employment without interruption, previous periods are taken into account in the calculation of the 180 days) :

  1. Prepare the necessary annexes (.pdf)
  2. Fill in an application for a single permit via the digital counter "Working in Belgium".
    If you have any questions about this application, please consult the FAQ.

Apply for a unique single permit with long-term mobility

What is the procedure?

The procedure requires a maximum of 60 days between the time the application is declared complete by Brussels Economy and Employment, and the issuance of the single permit/the notification of refusal.


Back to top