Skip to main content

Work permit application

Au pair

(art. 9,14 royal decree dated 9 June 1999)


Before hiring an au pair of non-European nationality, you need to obtain an authorisation. Thereto, you need to submit the following documents:

  1. Form

     Authorisation application to employ a foreign au pair (in French (.pdf) or in Dutch (.pdf))
  2. Au pair placement contract (in French (.pdf) or in Dutch (.pdf))
  3. Medical certificate for a foreign worker, in accordance with article 14 of the royal decree dated 9 June 1999 (in French (.pdf) or in Dutch (.pdf))
  4. Other required documents (.pdf)

What is the procedure?

Procedure work permit


Back to top