Brussels Economy and Employment supports the creation of employment in Brussels in a number of ways.
This department is in charge of:
- handling requests for work permits and professional cards for foreign workers
- inspection of companies regarding compliance with legislation concerning the use of foreign workers
- handling requests for reimbursement for paid educational leave and for the Fund for Professional Experience
- granting subsidies to projects aimed at supporting employment
- authorization of private employment agencies (temping, recruitment and selection, outplacement) and verification that legal obligations are observed
- authorization and funding of social enterprises
- authorization of service voucher companies
- inspection of private employment agencies and service voucher companies
- performing discrimination tests during recruitment procedures
The controls are carried out by the Regional Employment Inspection.
Key annual figures
- Around 14,000 work permit requests examined
- 1,450 requests for reimbursement of paid educational leave and a budget of 12 million euros
- 212 million euros dedicated to the system of service vouchers
and almost 400 companies approved to operate with service vouchers in the Brussels-Capital Region
- Over 9 million euros to support the social economy
- 600 accredited private employment agencies in the Brussels-Capital Region
- Recognition and funding of 108 companies and not-for-profit organisations in the social economy
- Nearly 3,000 interventions at employers
- Starting a business
- Job seeking
Check our useful links.