Single permit application
Highly qualified seconded worker / Seconded director - more than 90 days in Belgium
(art. 9,6 and 9,7 royal decree 9 June 1999)
If the duration of the employment in Belgium exceeds 90 days (in case of successive jobs without any interruption, the previous periods are taken into account to calculate the 90 days):
- Prepare the necessary annexes
- Fill in an application for a single permit via the digital counter "Working in Belgium".
If you have any questions about this application, please consult the FAQ.
Period of validity
The employment entitling authorisation is granted for the duration of the employment contract, with a maximum duration of three years.
For an employment of more than a year :
- the employer needs to provide a form as well as certain documents yearly to prove that the eligibility conditions are still met.
- the wages must continue to respect the established thresholds. The indexation of the amounts on 1 January of every year is immediately applicable.
Documents that need to be provided in case of a contract lasting more than a year
Yearly, the employer needs to provide the following documents, at the latest a month after the anniversary of the employment entitling authorisation :
- a photocopy of the payslips or pay settlements for the entire duration of the employment entitling authorisation;
- a copy of the individual account.
This concerns you if the yearly remuneration of the worker exceeds the following amount should you file your application in 2021:
- director: 72.399 euros (seconded: 6.033,25 € x 12 ; NSSO in Belgium: 5.201,08 € x 13,92),
- highly qualified worker: 43.395 euros (seconded: 3.616,25 x 12 ; NSSO in Belgium: 3.117,46 € x 13,92).
Should you file your application in 2022 :
- director: 73.570 euros (seconded: 6.130,83 euros x 12 ; NSSO in Belgium: 5.285,20 euros x 13,92),
- highly qualified worker: 44.097 euros (seconded: 3.674,75 euros x 12 ; NSSO in Belgium: 3.167,89 euros x 13,92).
What is the procedure?
The procedure takes four months at most from the moment Brussels Economy and Employment has the complete file until the single permit is delivered / the rejection is notified.