Conditions and obligations for furnished tourist accommodation
Furnished tourist accommodation is tourist accommodation reserved exclusively for the use of the tenant that does not offer the possibility of cooking.
Opening period, capacity and contract
- If it is the main residence of the operator, the accommodation is available for a maximum of four months per year.
- For each accommodation facility let, the maximum capacity is determined.
- A rental contract is signed between the parties.
This may provide for the payment of charges. The amount of these charges is either a flat rate or is set on the basis of actual consumption.
Payment of a guarantee may be required.
- If the establishment offers certain hotel services (for example, breakfast, beds changed, rooms cleaned, caretaker or reception), this is subject to payment of a supplement. The list of these services is provided for the guest in the room.
- The operator has a reception that is accessible at least during the day and from Monday to Friday. Outside reception opening hours, a member of staff can be reached by telephone.
- The establishment is kept clean and in good condition.
- The accommodation does not include cooking facilities.
- The furniture and equipment are adapted to the capacity.
- The entrance door to the furnished tourist accommodation is identified and lockable.
- The establishment provides cleaning equipment (hand brush, broom, bucket, mop, squeegee, vacuum cleaner, etc.).
- The furnished tourist accommodation has a living area, one or more bedrooms or areas serving a similar function and a bathroom.
- The bedroom or bedrooms contain(s):
- a window that opens with opaque curtains or a mechanical ventilation system
- beds with a mattress, a pillow and a cover
- a power socket.
- The bathroom has:
- a washbasin with drinking water
- electric lighting
- a window or ventilation grid
- a bath or a shower
- a storage area near the washbasin
- a mirror
- a small waste bin.