Conditions and obligations for aparthotels
Opening period and capacity
- An aparthotel has at least six apartments, studios, flats or similar.
- For each apartment let, the maximum capacity is determined.
- As well as regular cleaning of the apartment, the aparthotel offers guests certain hotel services (for example, breakfast, beds changed, caretaker or reception). The list of these services is provided for the guest in the room.
- The establishment is permanently accessible to tourists.
- The establishment has a reception located in the building that is accessible at least during the day and from Monday to Friday. Outside reception opening hours, a member of staff can be reached by telephone.
- Household linen is provided for guests.
- The apartment is cleaned regularly.
- The bath towels and bed sheets are changed at least once a week.
Information and identification
- The building is clearly identifiable from the outside.
- Each apartment is laid out to enable guests to live, cook and eat there. The furniture and equipment are adapted to the capacity of the apartment.
- The communal areas accessible to tourists have sufficient lighting and can be aired.
- The aparthotel is kept clean and in good condition, both inside and outside.
- Each unit has five areas: a living area, a kitchen area, a dining area, one or more bedrooms and bathroom facilities.
- The living area has:
- a temperature regulation system
- one seat per guest and a coffee table.
- The kitchen area includes:
- a worktop
- a power socket
- a sink with drinking water
- a hotplate with two heating elements
- an extractor fan
- a refrigerator
- a kitchen cabinet
- the necessary crockery, cutlery, saucepans, etc.
- a stock of bin bags
- washing-up detergent, etc.
- The dining area has a table and a number of chairs equivalent to the stated capacity of the accommodation.
- The bedroom or bedrooms contain(s):
- beds with a mattress, a mattress cover, a pillow and suitable bedding
- a wardrobe.
- The bathroom facilities are separated from the rest of the area by at least one partition.
- The bathroom has:
- a washbasin with drinking water
- electric lighting
- a window or ventilation grid
- a bath or a shower
- a storage area near the washbasin
- a mirror
- one hand towel per guest
- one bath towel per guest
- a small waste bin.