Application for an authorization of unlimited duration "in the frame of an exemption"
Long-term resident after twelve months of effective and uninterrupted employment in a shortage occupation
(art. 2,35 royal decree 09/06/1999)
If you are in the conditions for an authorization of unlimited duration "in the frame of an exemption" :
- Prepare the necessary annexes
- Fill in an application for a single permit via the digital counter "Working in Belgium"
In this case, it is the non-EU worker as a "citizen" who applies for a single permit.
Apply for an unlimited single permit
What is the procedure?
The procedure takes four months at most from the moment Brussels Economy and Employment has the complete file until the single permit is delivered / the rejection is notified.
- Cooperation agreement on the coordination of the policies with regard to granting employment authorisations and residence permits, as well as the norms pertaining to the employment and residence of foreign workers
- Law dated 30 April 1999 on the employment of foreign workers
- Royal decree dated 5 July 2018
- Royal decree dated 9 June 1999 implementing the law dated 30 April 1999 with regard to employing foreign workers
- Decree of the Brussels-Capital Government dated 16 May 2019 amending the Royal Decree of 9 June 1999 implementing the Law of 30 April 1999 on the employment of foreign workers with regard to admission to work for activities carried out within the framework of a transfer within a company, a seasonal
- Royal decree dated 2 September 2018 implementing the law dated 9 May 2018 with regard to the employment of foreign nationals in a specific residence situation
- Royal decree dated 6 June 2019 amending the Royale decree dated 8 October 1981 concerning access to the country, the residence, the location and expulsion of foreign national
- Law dated 15 December 1980 on access to the territory, residence, establishment and removal of foreigners
- Decree of the Brussels-Capital Government dated 25 June 2020 amending the Royal decree dated 9 June 1999 implementing the Law of 30 April 1999 with regard to employing foreign workers